Pages

Thursday 21 April 2016

I’m Fine.


How are you?
I’m fine.
I guess that’s what you say when someone asks “how are u?”
That has become the norm, a routine, the accepted response,
But it shouldn’t be.
I just realized I’m a big liar and a good liar,
We all are.
We pretend we are ok and fine when we really aren’t,

Nowadays it’s not like it’s even enough for us to lie, we expect others to lie too.
When someone tries to explain how he/she feels, we really don’t want to know,
We tune them out and in our minds say-
Everyone has their own problem.
What we don’t know or fail to remember is- there are some problems bigger than others,
Some demons our friends face might be bigger than the ones we fight,
And all we have to do is listen to them, truly listen,
But we just don’t care enough to listen,
Or actually want to know the truth.
Most times, we ask “how are you?” because it’s the polite thing to do when you meet someone,
Not because you actually care to know how the other person feels.
Whenever I’m asked how I am, I always find myself saying “fine”
When I am really not fine.
Are we going to die if we actually say the truth?
Is the world going to come down on us if we open up?
Is the ground going to open and swallow us if we listen to our truths?
Then why can’t we be honest with each other?
Because it’s the lies we tell that kill us daily.
I am also guilty of this,
All the times we ask, how are you?
I don’t know if I actually want to hear the truth and neither does everyone else,
But right now, I am trying.
Be honest and stop being liars,
Embrace the truth.
And if you are asked how you are, from today, don’t be afraid to say what you truly feel.
Tell everyone you love that you love them and no matter how ugly their truths are, you will still love them.
So I am asking you- How are you?


Don’t just read, leave a comment telling me how you feel, as for me, I am sick right now, got malaria and I’m using my meds the right way. So I’ll be fine in no time.

15 comments:

Xerex said...

Some people do care, but some people wanna tell some particular people who's not interested thereby ignoring or lying to those that could actually help.
And there are some of us who prefer to face our demons alone because it's better for us and everyone else.

Unknown said...

I'm not fine. My hair is thinning out, I have bald spots all over(as a result of a medical condition)..I want to tell anyone that cares to ask but my friends say its better to keep your problem to yourself..

Natasha Yamala said...

It is going to be fine.... Let me tell u something, I have weird bones popping out in my body, no one has ever noticed or even if they noticed, no one ever cared to ask until one person finally asked.

Natasha Yamala said...

Someone dying of depression or is bipolar or has suicidal thoughts will keep saying I'm fine until u really listen and ask for the truth.

Unknown said...

Nice article Natasha. Keep it up

B O S S said...

I'm not in the best shape but I'm going to be fine.
Yh, there are people who care and they are not in the dark about what's wrong whenever anything is wrong.

Thanks for this post, dear.

Natasha Yamala said...

Thanks :)

Natasha Yamala said...

Yes, no doubt you will be fine. And thank you for taking time to read it.

Xerex said...

Depends on who you are... Sharing isn't that easy esp for those who see it as a foreign concept in their lives

Michael Otu said...

Wow. This is deep and intense but also very true. We tend to hide our truths due to sentiments created by the society we live in. Nevertheless I do know for a fact that we are individually strongin our own distinct way. And it's definitely going to be alright with God on our side. Nice one onome. More grease to your elbows.

Natasha Yamala said...

Aww..... Thanks so much Micheal.

Unknown said...

This is soo true and inspiring... Learning from you just like I always look at you and smile while saying to myself, i HEART this amazing being @natasha Yamala... This is Lovely..

Natasha Yamala said...

Aww... Thanks so much Blossom. You are also amazing.

SuperKunle said...

I'm fine ;)

Natasha Yamala said...

Lookatew... šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚